Thursday, September 27, 2012

UGH, summarizing

Anyone can tell from my posts that I'm not a short winded thinker. I just can not condense. It can't be done. It just can't! There comes a point where leaving out key information leads to pushing your audience in a direction you didn't mean to, or worse they begin to apply assumptions to your work. I can't stand how whenever I think I've finally broken down something to its basic concept then somebody wants to attach some unrelated idea to it, because then that's all I can focus on and fixing that drives me crazy.

Subtext is important, but it bothers me to no end when people pick up on subtext that isn't meant to be there. It's a good thing I'm taking this writing class, because half the time I feel I have no idea what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment